Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hello, Hello

A few weeks ago I interviewed Ben Parent, who plays guitar and sings in The Rivergods, a folk-rock group here in New London, for a story in The Day newspaper. Ben's pretty clued up on computers, and therefore had one of those electronic-stickypad-reminder things flashing that said "Chupaska At Noon."
I thought it was pretty funny and pledged if I ever host a chat show I'd call it "Chupaska At Noon" no matter the time slot. (From the Ben Folds Five, but we're actually a trio, school of wit)
It would be part Dick Cavett, part-Parkinson and mostly canceled.
Seeing how it's unlikely I'll be host of my own show any time soon, I decided to launch, well start, launch is bit grand a term, a blog, something I haven't done since the infancy of diaryland.com.

You might think "Chupaska At Noon" is a stupid and clumsy name, and you may very well be right. But it's better than these:

Rejected Names for this blog:
Hard Butter Boogie
I Bought Attainable Women Candles For All My Life
Steve's Pedestrian Erotica
Montville Chromosome Counter
Clov, Hamm, Nash and Young
Boob Acres
Moreover, Speaks To, Postcolonial
Sex With Chester Arthur

-- Stephen Chupaska

1 comment: